Home Participate in the Working Holiday exchange program in Luxembourg
Participate in the Working Holiday exchange program in Luxembourg
The Working Holiday program is a cultural exchange program that allows young people to discover Luxembourg:
Young citizens of Australia, New Zealand between the ages of 18 and 30 can participate in the Working Holiday program.
To obtain a Working Holiday visa, applicants must:
- be in possession of a valid passport;
- not be accompanied by dependent persons (e.g. dependent children);
- have sufficient financial means to meet their needs on the spot;
- have sufficient financial means to buy a return ticket;
- not have already participated in the program.
The fee for the visa application is 180 euros.
Submission of the application
Young people who wish to participate in the program can submit their application to the Belgian diplomatic mission representing Luxembourg:
The working holiday visa gives the young person the right to:
- stay in the partner country for up to 12 months;
- leave and enter the country as often as he/she wants during the validity of the visa;
- travel across the country and discover a new culture;
- work for a limited time during the stay;
- register for studies or an internship for a limited time.
The candidate must attach several supporting documents to his application. Documents can be accepted in English, French or German.
Documents to be submitted
- 1 Completed and signed application form (Schengen visa application form);
- 2 passport photos;
- registration fees and visa;
- criminal record of less than 3 months;
- medical certificate;
- reservation of a return ticket or proof of sufficient resources to obtain it;
- a letter of motivation signed in French, English or German;
- a CV in French, English or German ;
- proof of sufficient resources equivalent to or greater than 2,500 euros (bank statements or notarial deed certifying the possession of this sum);
- proof of accommodation for the first 15 days (hotel reservation, if particular invitation letter with copy of an identity document);
- health insurance covering the entire stay up to 30,000 euros.
How to apply:
The candidate contacts the Belgian diplomatic mission representing Luxembourg in the country concerned and applies for a category D visa as part of the working holiday program. The application is examined by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs - Passport, Visa and Legalization Office. The reply will be sent to the Belgian diplomatic mission representing Luxembourg within 30 days.